We are working hard to advocate for a future where every Canadian newborn is tested for CMV, because the reality is – screening saves lives.
See below for a presentation we recently delivered to Alberta Health Services and learn more about why we are advocating for Universal Newborn CMV Screening:
There is a lot of bad news when it comes to CMV, but here is the good news:
- CMV is detectable at birth.
- Treatments are available, if CMV is caught early.
- Treatment leads to significantly better outcomes for infected infants.
- Effective screening tests exist.
- Screening is affordable.
- Screening leads to cost savings for the entire system.
We need your help. Join us in telling local policy makers that CMV screening matters. Too many babies are going undiagnosed. Too many babies are dying. We need our whole country to come together and say enough is enough.
It’s time to #StopCMV. It’s time to start screening.
We want to hear from you. If you have a child with CMV, your story deserves to be heard and we want to share it. To share your story or to learn more about how you can make a difference, fill out the form below and we will be in touch.