Without the support of our community, the work that we do would not be possible. Fundraising is a great way to make a huge impact and get your whole community rallied together for the cause.
Organize a fundraising event
There are so many fun ways to join the fight against CMV – everything from organizing a bake sale or lemonade stand to planning a tournament or a gala dinner.
We would be thrilled to provide you with all of the information and tools that you need to organize and plan a fundraising activity.
If you are interested in fundraising for the Canadian CMV Foundation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Host an online fundraiser
Fundraising has never been easier. We have put together a few tips to help you get started with your online fundraising campaign:
To create a “Fundraiser” on Facebook – for your birthday, or any occasion:
- Head to Facebook’s “home” page, and click “Fundraisers” on the left sidebar (indicated with a coin icon).
- Click “Select Nonprofit” and fill in our complete name: Canadian CMV Foundation.
- Enter the fundraiser info (fundraising goal, end date) for your fundraiser. Click next.
- Provide a title and description for your fundraising event, and click next.
- Pick a cover photo or video for your fundraiser, and click “Create.” That’s it!
To create a post with a donation button on an Event Page, Business/Group Page/Personal Page:
- In your Event Page, Business/Group Page, or Personal Page, click on the field near the top of your profile’s feed to add a post. (This field will say “Write Something” on an Event Page or Business/Group Page; or “What’s on your mind?” on a personal page.)
- Find the option to “Support Non-Profit” in the options for your post. This will be indicated by a coin icon. You may need to click on the three-dot icon to reveal more options for your post to find this.
- Fill in our complete name: Canadian CMV Foundation. Enter the content for your post.
- Post away! These funds will now be automatically submitted to us via Facebook (Canada)’s donations platform, PayPal Giving Fund. That’s it!
Tag a “Fundraiser” in Facebook stories:
- If you’ve already created a “fundraiser” (as explained above), you can now create a button in your Facebook stories to direct people to donate to your fundraiser, by first creating a new “Story” entry. To do this, head to your Facebook app and select “Add a story” at the top of your news feed.
- Select an image or a background for your Facebook story.
- Select the “sticker” icon at the top of your screen, and select “Fundraiser”.
- Search for the name you’ve given your fundraiser. Ensure you’ve found the exact match of your fundraiser title, and click it to create a button on your story.
- Stretch and move that button to ensure it can be read, and then click “Share” at the bottom right of your screen to share it to your story. That’s it!